Gap of the North Walk
Venora O'Brien & Seamus Murphy
Car Park, Hill of Faughart, Co. Louth
22 August, 2pm - 4:30pm
Exhibition on Baltimore Railway Station that operated trains to Skibbereen. The tracks ran down to the pier, where fish were loaded up for export to Cork and London. Built in 1893, closed 1961.
This exhibition will look at the history of the Baltimore Train Station, with many historic photos/maps. The Station is currently owned by Fáilte Ireland, since Lé Glénans sailing school departed in 2014. Photos of the Station in its present condition will be on exhibition. Cuas have major plans for the restoration of the building, with a School of Maritime Heritage, including traditional boat building, archaeology, coastal studies, history and museum in the Station buildings