River Birds of Ireland
Glencrow Hall & Bredagh River, Co. Donegal
21 August, 7:30pm - 9pm
St Etchen's Church, Killucan, is part of the Mullingar Union of Parishes and will be open to the public at the stated times. There will be a guide within the Church during these times also.
The Monastic site founded by St. Etchen, Bishop of Clonfad in the 6th century A.D. is where the present Church of St. Etchen built in the year 1813 now stands. It houses beautiful stain glass windows, incl. work of Sarah Purser. Original Organ, lectern and Pulpit. The Lectern known as the "Eagle" is a beautifully carved. The 13th century Baptismal Font was dug up in the Churchyard.