The Heritage Council aims to ensure that all National Heritage Week events are of a high standard.
Please read and implement the following event policy for your event.
- All events must be run and organised to ensure the best possible experience for the general public with correct health and safety procedures in place.
- All event organisers must try to ensure that they have adequate insurance cover for their event.
- All events should be inclusive and as accessible as possible.
- All events should clearly demonstrate an educational heritage value.
- All events should clearly highlight a specific aspect of natural, cultural or built heritage.
- All events should be free of charge where possible. If the event is a business as usual activity and/or is a commercial event you we ask that you offer a concession on the normal price.
- If the event has limited capacity this must be clearly stated in your event description and booking details must be provided.
- In the event of an event being cancelled event organisers must make every effort to communicate this locally and place notification with apologies at the designated meeting place to ensure that anyone who turns up is not needlessly waiting. Also please inform us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can update the website listings and communicate this nationally.
- Inclusion in the National Heritage Week event listings is at the discretion and judgement of the Heritage Council.
- The Heritage Council reserves the right not to include any events it deems unsuitable for the National Heritage Week programme or which do not add value to National Heritage Week.
If you have any questions about this policy please contact email@example.com.