From mill to forge, from mind to hand – discovering Ireland’s industrial past
The Heritage Council are delighted to announce the winners of the annual National Heritage Week Photography Competition.
The overall winner was Jaana McEntee, with a fantastically observed moment taken at Fingal Vintage Harvest Festival at Skerries Mills, Co. Dublin. She wins a €500 Irish Landmark Trust Weekend Stay voucher.
Adult Runners Up were Mike Halward’s “Lucky Day” at Bunratty Castle and Forge, Yvonne Stynes, who caught the excitement of the festival with her son Ronan at the National Museum of Ireland in Collins Barracks and Brenda Molloy’s “Minting a Coin”, taken in Bandon, West Cork.
Youth Winner was Eoin Devine O’Grady, (19) at the Native Irish Cobs event, Co. Longford.
The Junior Winner was Rachel Buckley ( 9 ) with Runners Up, Sofia Fox (11) Aurelia Rozanzka (7) and Patrick Lynch ( 9).
The 2015 National Heritage Week photography competition theme was Ireland’s Industrial and Design Heritage.
The winning photographs were selected by Irish Times journalist Arminta Wallace and photographer and author Michael English (Jeannie Johnston).
Age Groups and Prizes:
Adults (21 years+)
First prize: €500 Irish Landmark Trust Weekend Stay voucher.
3 runner up prizes: OPW Family Heritage Card or €30 Book Voucher
Youth (13-20 years)
First prize: €150 One4All gift voucher
Junior (7-12 years)
First prize: €75 One4All gift voucher
3 runner up prizes: Coillte Outdoor Access Card or €30 Book Voucher
Terms and Conditions
- To enter the Competition, participants must send their photos to email@example.com. Entries into the Competition will not be accepted through any other channel.
- Photographs must have been taken between 22nd and 30th August at National Heritage Week events otherwise they are deemed ineligible.
- Entrants can submit up to 3 photos to the competition.
- All entries must be the property of the entrant.
- The deadline for the National Heritage Week Photo Competition is midnight Sunday 13th September 2015.
- The winning photos will be announced at the end of October 2015.
- Prizes are not transferable, nor can they be exchanged for other goods and there is no cash alternative.
- All winners will be notified by email and details of winners will be announced on heritageweek.ie
- The Heritage Council retains the right to use photos entered for future online and print promotional activities. By entering the Competition, you hereby acknowledge this and grant the Heritage Council permission to use the photos.
The above photo is the Winner of the Adult Category in the 2015 National Heritage Week Photo Competition, Jaana McEntee.
To view winners of the 2015 National Heritage Week Photography Competition click here.